Colonic Hydrotherapy is an effective, simple way of cleaning your colon – the “waste bin” of your digestive system. This helps boost your immune system and aids the bodies natural healing process.
What is it?
Colon hydrotherapy uses warm filtered water to assist the elimination of stored faecal matter, mucous and toxic substances – including bad bacteria and parasites. Colonics is one of the most ancient medical practices, dating back 4,000 years to the time of the Pharaohs in Egypt and it’s been brought into the 21st century by combining state of the art technology with the natural cleansing power of water.
Why have a colonic:
Today’s way of living can often overburden our colons and as a result our waste isn’t managed efficiently. Over time the waste, toxins and gases can build up, contributing to a multitude of symptoms and conditions. Cleaning the colon regularly can benefit the whole body and give you a greater sense of wellbeing. Most of our clients feel a positive difference from the very first session.
Which health problems can be helped with colonics?
Our clients commonly report that many of their previously debilitating health problems have been helped with the detoxifying and restorative effects of colon hydrotherapy.
These include the obvious digestive disorders such as:
Constipation; Diarrhoea; Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS); Bloated stomach; Wind and Indigestion.
However, an inefficient and toxic colon can also contribute towards many other common problems including:
Headaches; Bad breath; Food cravings; Weight problems; Irritability; Prostate problems; Poor sleeping patterns; Bladder infections; Menstrual issues; Puffy or dry eyes; Skin and nail problems; Anxiety and depression.
There are some conditions where colonic hydrotherapy is contra-indicated. Please see FAQ for the list of conditions.
What happens during a colonic treatment?
At your initial session we will first of all go through the comprehensive history you’ll have sent us so that we can offer you the treatment plan that will best suit your individual needs.
The treatment itself consists of carefully introducing warm filtered water into the colon under controlled, gentle pressure.
This simple and safe treatment, not only flushes out the debris in your colon – built up waste, toxins and gases – but also helps to rehydrate the body, especially helpful for your skin – and we will also be toning and exercising the muscles of the colon, training them to work more efficiently and effectively.
The therapist will explain what is happening through every step of the process and will monitor you throughout – your comfort during the treatment is of paramount importance to us.
How many sessions are needed?
There are no set rules about how often or how many colonics any one person should have but through the experience of many years we have found that having regular colonics gives the most health benefits and clients who do attend regularly experience some amazing results (see testimonials).
It all depends on your own individual objectives. Just as it has taken time to build up the toxins and waste in your digestive system, so it will take some time to fully reverse this process.
Many of our clients find that incorporating regular colonics into their health regime, alongside of making healthier food choices and having a robust exercise regime, can be a simple and effective way to achieve better health and vitality.
During the session implants can be used to augment the process, including the following:
- Herbs are used to either stimulate or relax the colonic muscles, clear unwanted excess gas and help to reduce any inflammation. The Anti-parasite herbs programme can help to clear the gut of parasites and worms.
- Coffee – both black and green – is probably the most commonly used implant. It helps to detox the liver and also assists in the cleansing of the colon. The green coffee has the added advantage of still retaining its antioxidants and phyto-nutrients, which also nourish and nurture the liver.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Garlic are both excellent implants being used to provide an extra deep cleanse, removing particularly excess mucous and gas.
- Flaxseed has the ability to retain water and is used if your system is in need of extra rehydration.
- Beetroot is a new addition to our menu and has numerous properties including providing extra energy to the colon muscles and boosting the immune system.
- In our Probiotic implant we use a very high strength probiotic. This is implanted directly into the colon at the end of your session which ensures that the maximum number of bacteria possible are available to the digestive system, boosting its ability to maintain a healthy gut microbiome.
The clinic uses one of the top colonic hydrotherapy machines, the Colon Hydromat Comfort which is made in Germany. As its name suggests, this equipment provides a truly comfortable treatment.